Monday 26 July 2010

Round trip

Somehow the person I was with had taken over the controls in flight. After flying for some distance he managed to land the plane on water and we got to the shore. Suddenly it occurred to me that we might not be able to get back. I asked him if he knew how to start the plane again. He said it was alright, we could go home in the car. I wasn't happy about this, not feeling safe in the fast car on the narrow roads.

It seems strange now - but didn't in the dream - that I felt more unsafe in the car that the other person was confident about driving, than in the plane that I knew he didn't really know how to control.

--

Why don't I trust the ground? Am I right or wrong not to trust it? Does flight in these dreams symbolise 'flight of fantasy' or 'flight from the mundane'?

I know, and knew in my dream, that flying is considerably safer than driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment