Saturday 11 April 2020

The dream I didn't record - end of the road

I try to record every dream I have that I have a clear memory of. I do this as soon as I can after waking. Occasionally I have a dream that I don't record because it is so unpleasant I really want to forget it. A few weeks ago I had one of those dreams. It included a similar sensation to the one at the end of the 'Crash' dream but much more intense. A sense of struggling to hold on to consciousness in a situation of being overwhelmed. As often happens with this kind of dream I was not successful in trying to forget it.

I was in a car travelling at speed along a  road. I was a passenger in the car. The road was gently winding and there was no other traffic. As we rounded a curve the road ended abruptly and the car continued, plunging into water. I had time to take a deep breath before it hit the water and sank. There followed a sensation of struggling to remain conscious long enough to escape.

While it clearly wasn't a premonition of the exact circumstances we find ourselves in with the pandemic that recently overwhelmed us the sensations and emotions involved are strikingly similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment