Saturday 11 August 2018

On the couch

I'm in a house that I seem to know my way around. There are other people, it appears to be a family group, sitting on chairs and couches, but I can see only one of them - an older man - clearly. I am standing in an area off to one side, tidying things up in an unhurried way. I have a sense of not quite belonging or being unsure of my status in the group. Eventually there is nothing left to do and I go to sit down. There is only one place left, on a couch next to the man I can see clearly, so I sit there. The couch is small and when I sit my leg is resting against his. I'm unsure how this will be regarded but the only alternative would be to get up again, so I stay where I am. He turns towards me and in a kind of slow motion draws me in to an embrace. As he does this the other people in the room become even less clear to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment