Monday 28 May 2018

The game 2

We are travelling through a long tunnel or tube like place which reminds me of a spaceship or possibly a high-tech underground structure of some kind. There are a series of rooms or caverns and the walls are lined with screens. The people are strangely dressed and seem to be engaged mainly in trying to impress each other with their style. My male companion is in a rather irritable mood. At one point we eat a meal and he tells me how annoying it is when the servers try to clear up before he's finished, which a male server then does, trying, jokingly, to take a plate from the table. At certain points I use the screens to play a kind of game. This seems to have something to do with my companion, but I'm not sure what the rules are and I have to intuitively work out what each step towards success will be. Eventually we arrive at the last room and I comment that it's getting uncomfortably hot and maybe it's time to go. I get the feeling it will be very cold outside. Someone responds that we don't have to go and also offers a thin blanket which I am unimpressed by. I use one of the screens and it brings up a simple map of the final stage that I can follow. At this point I notice that I'm not wearing a top but I am unconcerned by that and work through the stages with a kind of intuitive confidence even though I am still not aware of the final goal.     

No comments:

Post a Comment