Sunday 7 January 2018

A hotel and a new cozy house

I'm not sure if these were two separate dreams or two parts of one. Arriving at a hotel with a male friend we went to his room first which was a standard pleasant hotel room. I expected mine to be the same but when I went to find it I discovered it was not just a room but a suite with enormous wooden double doors and luxurious furnishings including a huge bed. None of the staff spoke to me but they acknowledged me and accepted my right to be there.

The house was of an unusual design, round and sunken slightly into the ground with windows facing inward overlooking a central courtyard that was designed to receive the maximum amount of natural light. I was in one of the furthest rooms from the entrance with my male friend and we were watching the progress of a group of visitors from a window with some amusement. They were commenting that you could use the room that was set out as a lounge as an extra bedroom if you wanted to. They also noted that the kitchen was well stocked with preserved fruits and other foods in glass jars. As the visiting group came closer I was measuring a cupboard and joking with my friend about how much space we would need to hide in. He commented on the fact that one of the visiting group was his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment